Shipping & Returns
BACKORDERED & DISCONTINUED ITEMS
Backorders are not processed or kept on file. If any items are unavailable at the time your order is placed, the order will be shipped with the unavailable items omitted, and a refund for the backordered/discontinued items will be issued to you. Unfortunately, we simply do not have the ability to keep incomplete orders in queue at our shipping facility while they await a few missing items. As you can imagine, this could create a large bottleneck in our operation if a popular product were to suddenly be out of stock. We will always give you the maximum available quantity according to your order, even if it's incomplete. That is to say, if you order a dozen bottles of a product and we have 9 on hand, you will receive 9 and a refund for the value of 3 and all associated shipping and handling charges for those 3 items.
Orders are always shipping by the most cost-effective method, at our sole discretion. The carriers offered are UPS (Ground, Surepost) and US Postal Service (First Class Parcel, Priority Mail). Expedited/overnight shipping is not available. If you need your products by a certain date for an event, please plan ahead accordingly. Tracking will be provided on the business day following order dispatch.
- Shortage - Claims for products billed but not received are subject to review and verification by the Inventory Control department.
- Mis-Picks - Claims for wrong product shipped are to subject to review by the Inventory Control department. The UPC number from the item received is required. The Alternative Grocer will notify you if a UPS call tag will be issued for the wrong item(s) received for return shipment at The Alternative Grocer's expense.
- Buyer’s Remorse - Returns due to buyer’s remorse (where customer changes his/her mind) are to be issued an Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) approval number and instructions upon receipt of request. Instructions on how to return will be sent with the RMA number. Customer is responsible for cost to ship items back to The Alternative Grocer and is subject to a 20% restocking fee. RMA numbers expire if the return is not received at the designated warehouse within 15 days of issuance. Where an RMA has expired, no credit will be issued to customer. Any return Product that arrives to Distributor used, opened or in poor condition will not be entitled to a refund. All buyer’s remorse returns must be received by Distributor undamaged, in the original packaging and able to be re-sold.
- Undelivered Packages – The Alternative Grocer will issue a refund for lost in transit shipments that are not delivered to the final destination. The Alternative Grocer will not issue a refund for packages where a delivery confirmation has been received from the shipping carrier. The Alternative Grocer does not utilize Signature Delivery service option.
- Expired Inventory – All claims for expired inventory must be accompanied with the Expiration Date. The Alternative Grocer will not issue a refund for expired merchandise if the order was shipped within 30 or more days from the “best by” date.
- Damaged Claims – All damage claims must be accompanied by digital photograph and details describing the damage.
- Manufacturer Defects – The Alternative Grocer will issue a refund for a defect claim such as a missing safety seal or no label. Quality complaints due to taste, touch or smell should be reported to the manufacturer for a warranty claim.
- Product Image Not Matching Product - The Alternative Grocer is not responsible for new product labeling where the image in the product feed or ordering portal is not the exact version the consumer receives. If the UPC number is kept the same then no significant changes to the product have been made and no claim will be honored.
- Melt - The Alternative Grocer is not responsible for products that may melt in transit such as, but not limited to, chocolate bars or gummy vitamins. The Alternative Grocer does not ship with ice packs or any special packaging to cool the products in transit. Customer is advised to not buy any items that are prone to melting in transit in the summer months.